While our Valley of the Sun heat keeps coming, I am dreaming of fall and all the beautiful fashion it brings.
One of my favorites -- a wardrobe staple and must-have for any girl's closet -- is a great denim jacket. You can wear it so many ways -- layered over sleeveless or long-sleeve tops and dresses depending on the temps, or by itself with statement jewelry.
And, given that really chilly days in the Valley are few and far between, it's the perfect outerwear style to have as your go-to jacket. Throw on a scarf with it and you're cozied up. (P.S. Look for our first fall shipment of scarves next week.)
Here are some other fall fashion trends I'm excited about:
1. Outerwear -- Faux leather, suede and shearling continue to be on trend, with luxe fabrics and drapey cuts that warm you up and look soft and pretty. Capelets and ponchos also are in the mix -- and like the denim jacket, I love these too because they're another great way to layer up lightly when it's chilly out but not super cold.
2. Boho -- The flowy fabrics, gorgeous patterns, ruffles, lace, bell sleeves and all the lovely things of the Bohemian look are staying around. This is one of my personal favorite styles of all time -- reminds me of the best fashion of the '70s, making you feel girly, pretty and comfortable all at the same time.
3. The Choker -- This style of necklace is coming in all shapes, thickness, beaded, leather or straight up metal. I'd love to know your thoughts on this trend and whether you'd like to see some options in store. Metal details -- not just in jewelry but in clothing and handbags -- also are trending for fall.
4. Velvet -- Another favorite of mine from fashion days of yore, velvet is soft and comfy, but looks so classy and elegant. I'm looking forward to finding a select velvet style or two for you to add to your fall and holiday looks.
5. Plaid, geometric and blush -- These are some of the patterns, cuts and colors trending, and I'm looking forward to you finding them in store.
Aside from cooler temps, pumpkin spice lattes, new clothing and accessories styles, my absolute favorite part of fall is the commemoration of Lorelei Boutique's anniversary! I am so looking forward to celebrating our Second Anniversary with you on October 1st. I am planning a big event to ring it in and look forward to many more to come getting to know, shopping with and helping to style you!
Thanks so much for your friendship and business -- it means the world to me!
Lots of love,
*Sources: Elle magazine: A Comprehensive Guide to the Fall 2016 Fashion Trends
Glamour: Wearable Fall 2016 Fashion Trends from New York Fashion Week
Vogue: The Top 12 Runway Trends of Fall 2016